I think I’ve found my new morning snack, and it is so easy to make that I think you’ll make it your new morning snack, too!
I saw this recipe on Tasty at first a long time ago and recently just saw it again, and although it’d be just as easy for anyone to just look up the short Tasty video and get the same how-to, I’m going to put the recipe here anyway. Because I do what I want to.
I typically bring breakfast, lunch, and a snack for between each meal to work every day. It has been a learning process to feed myself right at home, which most would assume would be easier – but it isn’t because I’m not constantly looking at the clock. At work, I eat my breakfast right upon arrival around 7:30 am, then I eat my morning snack at 10:30 am, my lunch around noon, and my afternoon snack around 2 pm. At home on the weekends, I wake up at different times and don’t pay attention to how much time has passed. My eating schedule is completely different and not nearly as good.
I wanted to come up with a way to have ready-made filling snacks for before lunch for these times where I’m busy and not really paying attention to the time. And that’s why this recipe is perfect for that! Plus, they were so tasty (no pun intended to the site mention) that I will probably be making them even more often than for morning snacks.
Vegetable Egg Muffin Cups
Serving: 2 egg muffins
- 10 eggs (for a 12-cup muffin tin)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- cheddar cheese
- parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add vegetables to each muffin cup as desired
- Example: 2 cups with green pepper and onion, 3 cups with tomato and parmesan, 3 cups with broccoli and cheddar cheese, 2 cups with broccoli and green pepper
- You can mix and match the muffin cups with whatever you think would taste best, or even get different vegetables than above – like mushrooms and spinach!
- Whisk 10 eggs together and pour into each muffin cup until it fills the cup.
- Sprinkle black pepper over each cup.
- Bake for 20 minutes, enjoy warm!
A lot of people don’t eat as healthy as they could and the most common reason why is convenience. It’s easier to buy a bag of chips at the store to munch on for a snack than to cook and meal prep and come up with various healthy meals to eat. But if you plan right and really think about it, it’s not much more difficult to whip up something like this instead. And, you’re treating your body a hell of a lot better and fueling it with the right type of nutrients.
It’s all about mindset, and half the battle is getting there. But once you’re really there, it is so much more worthwhile and you will feel a lot better about yourself and how you feel!