Saturday or Sunday is usually grocery day, which means that Friday night is a rummage-through-the-fridge-and-throw-together-whatever-will-resemble-a-meal night.
Luckily, since we’ve been staying away from processed foods as much as we can, the remaining food in our refrigerator and cupboards is mostly leaning towards the healthy side. But even so, we went a little bit unhealthy (although not horribly so) and made BBQ Chicken Pizza! One of our favorites, no matter where we go, AND we were out of ranch dressing (my personal favorite pizza dipping sauce) so it wasn’t as bad as I could’ve made it.
This recipe is great for anyone trying to make a quick and easy pizza, or just any quick and easy recipe in general, as the prep time for this meal only took about 5 minutes and the cooking time only a little more than that!
Honey BBQ Chicken Pizza
- 1 multigrain pizza crust (I usually buy at Hannafords – the crust pictured is a Hannafords brand canned pizza dough, on hand leftover from the SuperBowl)
- Honey BBQ sauce
- Frank’s hot sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- cheddar cheese
- red onion, thinly sliced
- cooked, chopped chicken breast (pictured is breaded chicken breast, also on hand from the SuperBowl – we normally use boneless, skinless chicken breast)
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Coat a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray and press/spread out pizza dough into a rectangle over the baking sheet. Cook the dough for 8 minutes in preheated oven.
- Take dough out of the oven and spread BBQ sauce (to your liking – we use about 1/3 cup) over the dough, about 1 1/2 to 2 inch away from edges to keep crust. Add Frank’s hot sauce (also to your liking – we use about 1/8 cup) and spread/mix over dough.
- Top sauce with a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheese (roughly 1 cup total, more for cheese lovers), red onion, and chopped chicken.
- Cook in oven for another 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Cook for about 8-10 minutes for a crunchier, crispier crust.
This was definitely a Friday night indulgence, and I would recommend it to anybody. Like I said, this isn’t the healthiest meal we’ve ever eaten, but it’s simple and used up ingredients that we had to finish off before we grocery shop tomorrow. As long as you can follow a recipe, you’re good to go! However, it is way more fun to be creative and change up this recipe to your liking!